Friday, August 27, 2010

Rejoice!

"This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." ~ Nehemiah 8:10b

Often times as Christians, we focus on the negative things that happen in our lives vs. the positive. We focus on our circumstances so much that we forget how good God has been to us.

So, today, let's focus on how much God loves us and how He continues to bless us! Lamentations 3:23 tells us that God's mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness!

So, today, let's not wallow in our own self-pity. Hold your head high, child of God! Let's give God "in spite of" praise. In spite of my problems, I thank Him for what He's done for me. In spite of my worries, I put all of my trust in Him!

God deserves the glory, so let's bless His name! Surely He will make a way as He always does. Remember - He has never failed us yet!

Janis Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment