Monday, October 10, 2011

True Success (Part II)


"And Jesus answered and said to her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.'” Luke 10:41-42

In a society that's so focused on accumulating money, fame, and material things, it’s hard to measure success by any other means. However, my newborn son has convinced me.

When I die, I don’t want to be judged by how many houses I own, how many cars I purchased, or how many yachts I've rode on. I want to be judged by whether I led my household effectively, by how I raised my son, and by whether I made an impression on the generation to come.

That’s the measure of true success. That's the one, good part that will never be taken away.

God bless,
J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment