Thursday, October 13, 2011

Faith At Work


"So Jesus answered and said to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.'" ~ Matthew 21:21

Last weekend, I saw the power of faith at work first hand.

During the delivery of my son, my wife was in labor for just over 20 hours. Things were going well until the pain started getting too intense for her. Her contractions were coming rapidly, but weren’t strong enough to push our 8 pounds, 11 ounce baby down the birth canal. The doctors were sure that they would have to do a C-section.

Then, faith stepped in. I texted my family and they started praying. They sent the word out to other family and friends, and they started praying too. After just under an hour, we got word back from the doctor that despite her certainty that Michele would have to undergo a C-section, her contractions were now strong enough to deliver naturally. The doctor said she couldn’t even explain it.

If that’s not God at work, I don’t know what is.

God bless,
J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment