Friday, January 22, 2010

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made



"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." ~ Psalm 139:13-14

Recently, I read an article about a girl named Heidi Montag.  For those that don't know, she's a reality TV star from the MTV show "The Hills."  The show was a spin-off of the hit show "Laguna Beach," which followed the dramatic lives of a group of teenagers from Laguna Beach, CA.  Most had parents who were beyond wealthy.  All were spoiled rotten.

In the article, it was revealed that Heidi, who is a professing Christian and now pursuing a career in music, had over 10 plastic surgeries to correct what she thought to be imperfections with her body.  Her picture is above.

When asked whether her excessive concern about her looks somehow contradicts her faith, she responded, "maybe God gave me extra because He knew what I would be doing and my career and blessing me with such a great doctor."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmbVBfPc94

Let's be clear - God doesn't make exceptions for certain people's careers.  He doesn't particularly care that Heidi Montag has chosen a career in music over being a doctor or a lawyer.  The Bible says He is no respector of persons.  What He does care about is people loving Him enough to respect and honor that which He "fearfully and wonderfully made."

To challenge God's creations is to question His judgment.  Moreover, it questions whether He really loves us or not.  God has promised to supply all of our need according to His riches in glory.  So, why do we always seek to take things into our own hands?

God wants us to trust Him, not "fix His mistakes."  After all, He doesn't make any mistakes.

God bless,
J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment