Thursday, October 1, 2020

Rest for Our Souls

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." ~ Matthew 11:28-29

Has your soul found rest?

It's one thing for our bodies to rest. It's quite another thing to find rest for our souls.

How do we find this rest?

Well, this passage of scripture tells us we can only find it in Jesus by exchanging our burdens for His yoke. He says by making this exchange, we can walk lighter and freer in our souls.

This is the type of freedom that God brings. Rest, peaceful, contentment, security. If we're not experiencing this today, perhaps we need to revisit this scripture. Perhaps we're taking on more than God wants us to bear.

God bless,

J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment