Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Faith Without Works (Part 2)


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." ~ Revelation 3:20

Even in salvation, God doesn't do it all Himself. He asks for our participation.

In Revelation 3:20, He says, "behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, then I'll come in and dine with him."

Here, God being God, He could have just opened the door Himself. But He asks us to respond to His call.

That is not to say that we must do something to earn God's love. Ephesians 2:8 says that salvation is a free gift. But we don't get the gift without action on our part.

So, if you want what God has for your life, don't just whine . . .  or complain . . . or feel entitled. Put yourself in position for God to move on your behalf and see if He won't do it.

He calls, but we must respond in action.

God bless,
J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment