Monday, September 19, 2011

Peace In The Midst


"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~ John 14:27

If you continually face the same trials and tribulations, heartbreaks and failures, you may want to check your life for sin. The Bible says that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23), and while God is quick to forgive, many times we bring ill into our lives because of unchecked sin.

That is not to say that every time we go through hardship, it’s because we’ve done something wrong. But there’s a difference between temporary hardships and storms and continual heartache and depression. God never promised us that we wouldn’t face difficulties. But he did promise us that he’d give us peace in the midst of our storms. If you continually lack peace in your life, it may be because of unchecked sin.

God bless,
J.W.

1 comment:

  1. This is nice...I struggle with on trail after another and I walking a good walk. I try not question God I just say okay. And then again sometimes I whine about it and sometimes I even get angry. But most of time I just say okay. Thanks for the post...

    ReplyDelete