Friday, March 12, 2010

The Answer to Our Questions


"He replied, 'Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.'" ~ Luke 11:28

A few weeks ago, my pastor preached a sermon on money management.

The key scripture was Proverbs 22:7, which reads "the rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender."

One of my biggest goals for 2010 is to be debt-free. So, immediately following the sermon, I decided to cut up my credit cards. Yes, cut up ALL of my credit cards. ALL of them.

It was a sacrifice, yes. But, just one month later, with the exception of our mortgage and a student loan, Michele and I will be completely debt-free - meaning Capitol One, VISA, MasterCard, AmEx, and Bank of America will no longer have any control over us.

My point is that while most folks think the Bible is only there to provide spiritual guidance, that couldn't be further from the truth. The Word of God has the power to solve ALL of our problems and answer ALL of our questions, if we would just be obedient to what it says.

After all, in Proverbs 28:20, God said that He would bless those who were faithful to His word. So, find your answers today and be obedient to what He tells you. I promise you, it'll change your life forever.

God bless,
J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment