Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Way


"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" ~ John 14:6

Yesterday, Tiger Woods made his first public statement since entering rehab for sex addiction after news of various mistresses came out in the news media a few months ago.

In his statement, Tiger said:
"I have a lot of work to do and I intend to dedicate myself to doing it.  Part of following this path, for me, is Buddhism, which my mother taught me at a young age.  People probably don't realize it, but I was raised a Buddhist, and I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years.  Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security.  It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint.  Obviously, I lost track of what I was taught." 

Well, I hate to break it to Tiger and the millions of other Buddhists out there, but Buddhism is, by no means, the answer to Tiger's problems.  Despite the positive things it might teach, turning to Buddhism will only act as a temporary fix to Tiger's issues. 

Why?

Because, in John 14:6, Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

I know it might be controversial to say, especially in this day and age, but there is no true salvation or redemption except that which comes through Jesus Christ.

Like it or not, He is the way, the truth, and the life. Not A way, but THE Way.

As Christians, if we don't believe that, then our entire faith is fruitless.

God bless,
J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment