Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be Still


"Be still,  and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." ~ Psalm 46:10

The snow's coming down. The streets are impassable. Kids are out of school. Cabin fever's starting to set in.

All the while God is standing before us and telling us to be still and know that He is God.

In the busyness that is our lives, many times, we miss the big picture for lack of introspection and retrospection. Sometimes, God has to get our attention through extraordinary means to slow us down so that He might teach us valuable lessons about life and leaning and depending wholly on Him.

Please don't fight God's will for you to slow down this week. He just may be trying to speak into your life.

God bless,
J.W.

2 comments:

  1. You better minister through this snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm, that's so true. While I've been snowed in, I've been studyin God's Word, captivated by it. I'm wondering how things are gonna be when I have classes and homework again tho. Guess I'll just have to make time, just slow down MY OWN SELF...

    thanks for the confirmation:)

    ReplyDelete