Friday, June 12, 2009

Write The Vision


“Then the Lord answered me and said: Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” ~ Habakkuk 2:2-3

Sometimes, I think we miss the importance of writing things down.

We often use phrases like “I got it all in my head” or “I can remember that.”

But often times, it’s not about our ability to remember.

See, writing things down makes them plain.

It makes your thoughts tangible so that God can use and work with them.

As the scripture above indicates, writing things down allows a herald (an angel) to run with it, to work on your behalf to make it happen.

As I’ve mentioned before, Michele and I wrote down our goals for 2009 at the beginning of the year and doing so has made achieving them so much easier.

Each day, I try to write a to-do list of everything I want to accomplish that day, and more often than not, I do it all or at least accomplish more than I would have had I not written things down.

So, as you go throughout the day, remember the principle of writing things down.

God has promised that if you write down the vision that He’s given you, though it may take a minute to come to fruition, though it may not come when you want it, it will surely come to pass.

God bless,
J.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment