Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love


What do you think when you hear the word “love”?

Do you think of your first love?

The love you have for your friends and family?

The love you share with your spouse or significant love?

Do you think of unconditional love? Agape love?

Undying love?

What about sacrificial love?

Today, as we celebrate this season of love, let us remember what love is really about. It’s not about showering our girlfriend with gifts, or taking your wife out to dinner. Rather, it’s about showing love to EVERYBODY, EVERYWHERE, ALL YEAR ROUND.

God bless,
J.W.

“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.”
~ 1 Corinthians 13:1-18

Musiq Soulchild - Love

No comments:

Post a Comment