Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Under My Umbrella

What happens when your dream becomes a nightmare? When the thing you wanted the most is taken away from you? When reaching your goals seems near, and then is snatched away from you, just like that? What happens to your faith, your spirit, your will to go on, when the thing God has promised you is in your sights, but just doesn't turn out to be what you thought it would?

Answer: You learn to trust in Jesus. You learn that your ways are not always His ways. You learn that no matter what, God is concerned and He's working things out for you.

Make no mistake about it: if God said it, then He'll do what He said He would do. It may not happen the way in which YOU planned it. But we have to learn to let go, and let God; to take our hands off of the steering wheel and let Him drive.

As I write, I'm reminded of the story about the man stuck on top of his roof in the middle of a flood. Three times, rescuers passed by with boats, ready to take the man into safety, and three times, the man refused the help, saying "God promised He would come by and save me. I don't need your help!" When the man died in the flood, and he got to Heaven, he asked God, "why didn't you come and rescue me?!!" Perplexed, God replied, "I did, three times, but each time you refused my help!"

The moral of the story is, God may not come when (and how) you want Him, but He's always right on time! Trust Him and he shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

God bless,
J.W.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Amen, Amen. Trusting God means to stand on His promises,knowing that He will do what He said He would do. He will not forsake us, nor leave us -- and in those times when doubt tries to creep into our minds and hearts, we must pray, "Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief."

    ReplyDelete